Pool Lift Systems in Appleton, Cudahy, Madison, Roselle, Waukesha, Wausau, WI, and Surrounding Areas in Wisconsin, Illinois and Indiana
ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act) prohibits discrimination of individuals based on disability, including at swimming pools. This extends to all public places and most private businesses. If your business has a pool, spa or other water facility, your business needs to offer accommodation for individuals with disabilities to safely enter and exit. This includes both existing and newly built swimming pools, wading pools, and spas.
Access Elevator specializes in the installation of all types of lifts and other adaptative devices for businesses to comply with ADA requirements. Many times the rules for ADA requirements will differ from device to device. Also, municipalities have their own requirements that must be complied with. Let us work through the process of obtaining your pool lift, the installation and the instruction of use for your staff. Our knowledge of federal and local requirements will help you to not only meet compliancy but also advertise yourself as a resource for all members of your community and guests. We also understand your concerns about having a piece of equipment that represents a large investment being abused and will help you mitigate the risk.
Pool Lift Installation
We understand that pool lifts may be a challenge to your location in terms of budget, space and other resources. Here are some of the guidelines set up by the federal government in relation to ADA requirements.
- Any business that is open to the public must comply with ADA accommodations. If a location is a private club that has restricted entry such as a multi-family apartment complex, pool lifts are not required. However, this changes as soon as your facilities are open to rent. Also, you might want to view adding a pool lift as opening your accessibility for those with disabilities as well as complying with procedures against discriminatory housing practices.
- Any new or renovated locations must provide an accessible way for people with disabilities to enter and exit the pool, spa, wading pool, etc. We often work with companies in the initial stages of design to help in the planning of installing a pool lift.
- Existing structures must provide access when “readily achievable”. Readily achievable means providing access can be accomplished without much difficulty or expense. While this is a welcome relief to businesses and organizations with limited resources, we strongly suggest you contact us to make sure you are compliant with this clause. This stipulation depends on a number of aspects beyond monetary such as floor space or size of seat, and lifting capacity.
Pool Lifts in Wisconsin
We work with two outstanding and well-known companies to give you the best options in terms of price, features and more for when it comes to your compliant pool lift.
- SureHands® Pool Lifts have a number of options including ceiling mounts and non-fixed (commonly referred as “portable”) to accommodate locations with multiple pool/spa locations. Ceiling mounts are an excellent option when floor sockets cannot be installed.
- Aqua Creek Pool Lifts have different options in seats and features for public and private use. Aqua Creek prides itself on superior warranties, and outstanding customer service.
Common locations for Pool Lifts:
- Hotels and motels
- Health clubs
- Recreation centers
- Country clubs
- Apartment complexes
- Aquatic amusement parks
- Municipal pools
- Schools and universities